A UN report providing guidelines for developing eco-efficient and socially inclusive infrastructure.
The 6 strategic principles to ensure eco-efﬁ cient and inclusive outcomes in the process of planning and developing urban infrastructure are:
- Lead the change: put sustainable urban infrastructure on top of your agenda.
- Bridge the gap: link short-term goals to long-term vision.
- Link sector and actors: integrate across sectors and between institutions.
- Recognize the value of sustainable infrastructure: consider all values (monetary and not) of sustainable infrastructure.
- Turn “green” into a business opportunity: build the business case for eco-efﬁ cient solutions.
- Build the city for people together with the people: sustainable outcomes can be achieved only through broad-based participation.
I liked the diagrams and case studies in this report.