A special issue of Environmental Impact Assessment Review on Health Impact Assessment in the Asia Pacific has been released - just in time for the HIA2010 Third Asia Pacific HIA Conference in Dunedin.
The articles in the issue are listed below. They're drawn from presentations at the First Asia Pacific HIA Conference in Sydney in 2007 and the Second Asia Pacific HIA Conference in Chiang Mai in 2009.
Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the articles.
HIA in the Asia Pacific
Editorial: Health Impact Assessment in the Asia Pacific
Articles relating to HIA as a field
1. Harris-Roxas B, Harris E. Differing forms, differing purposes: A typology of health impact assessment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.003
2. Morgan RK. Health and impact assessment: Are we seeing closer integration? http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.009
3. Pennock M, Ura K. Gross national happiness as a framework for health impact assessment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.04.003
Articles on HIA programs
4. Harris P, Spickett J. Health impact assessment in Australia: A review and directions for progress. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.002
5. Cameron C, Ghosh S, Eaton SL. Facilitating communities in designing and using their own community health impact assessment tool. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.001
6. Kang E, Lee Y, Harris P, Koh K, Kim K. Health impact assessment in Korea. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.02.005
7. Kwiatkowski RE. Indigenous community based participatory research and health impact assessment: A Canadian example. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.02.003
8. Wu L, Rutherford S, Chu C. The need for health impact assessment in China: Potential benefits for public health and steps forward. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.004
Articles on specific HIAs
9. Spickett JT, Brown HL, Katscherian D. Adaptation strategies for health impacts of climate change in Western Australia: Application of a Health Impact Assessment framework. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.07.001
10. Inmuong U, Rithmak P, Srisookwatana S, Traithin N, Maisuporn P. Participatory health impact assessment for the development of local government regulation on hazard control. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.008
11. Gunning C, Harris P, Mallett J. Assessing the health equity impacts of regional land-use plan making: An equity focussed health impact assessment of alternative patterns of development of the Whitsunday Hinterland and Mackay Regional Plan, Australia. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.005
12. Tugwell A, Johnson P. The Coffs Harbour 'Our Living City Settlement Strategy' Health Impact Assessment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2010.02.004